Condition specific training focused on the causes and preventing pressure ulcers.
This course will help your carers prevent pressure ulcers. The course explains how the skin can be affected by different types of forces, such as pressure, shearing force and friction. It then goes on to demonstrate how pressure ulcers develop and how they can be prevented.
What is included?
All attendees will receive a certificate of attendance to identify them as competent with current legislation and best practice.
- Effect of pressure, shearing force and friction on the skin
- Common problem areas for pressure sores
- Preventative care and pressure relieving devices
- Experienced tutors
- Extensive documentation provided
- Certificates of attendance